With Champions in Life, participants will:
• Activate and exercise faith and fun!
• Be encouraged to set godly goals!
• Be inspired to reach for the prize!
• Believe that Jesus makes them champions!
But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.Isaiah 40:31
Abingdon Press VBS is an intergenerational VBS that utilizes African American culture, history, music, and art to teach Biblical truths.
- Session 1: Get in the Race (2 Samuel 18:19-32) Zadok's son chooses to get in the race.
- Session 2: Be Skillful, Be Caring! (1 Samuel 20:18-23, 35-41) Jonathan protects his friend, David.
- Session 3: Keep Your Eyes on Jesus! (Matthew 14:22-33) Peter tries to meet Jesus as he walks on water.
- Session 4: A Long Wait! (John 5:2017) Jesus commands a man who sat by a pool for 38 years to get up and walk.
- Session 5: Reach for the Goal! (Philippians 3:12-16) The goal is the high calling of Jesus Christ.